Yearning for that infamous Starbucks PSL, but don’t want to rev up your nervous system or down 40 grams of sugar? These delicious pumpkin spiced protein balls will not only cure your craving, but give you a protein boost.
They’re the perfect pre or post workout snack and my boys love them in their lunchbox too- that’s if they last longer than the day I make them!
Makes: 30 energy bites
½ cup instant oats
3/4 cup plant based vanilla protein (the only one I love that doesn’t taste like chalk can be found HERE)
1 ½ tsp ground coffee (decaf if you don’t want the buzz)
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree (no sugar added)
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup ground pecans (save to coat the balls in)
Prep a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, oats and spices.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, coffee granules, and the maple syrup until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and continue mixing until everything is fully incorporated
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes so the mixture firms up.
- Divide into 30 equal portions if you’d like tiny balls, and into 20 if you’d rather them be medium sized.
- Roll one portion at a time into a ball, roll into pecan dust and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Keep your finished masterpieces in an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to eat. ENJOY!!
They keep for a week in the fridge, or frozen for two months.